Friday, September 07, 2007

100 things about me

I saw this on my friends blog and I think it's a cool idea, so I'm going to give it a shot. Here it goes.....

1) I love philosophy
2) I think mornings are the best part of the day
3) I come alive in the autumn
4) I think the White Mountains in the fall is one of the most breathe-taking sights I'll ever find
5) I love to swing
6) In the spring I go around smooshing ant hills
7) I love hugs
8) I like to snuggle things when I watch movies
9) I wish my hair was long and wavy
10) I don't like to take medicine
11) I've wanted to be a writer since about the third grade and I've never changed my mind
12) I live and breathe books
13) I think Calla lilies are elegant
14) I love photographs of my friends and family
15) I want to travel to every country in the world at least once
16) I love thunderstorms
17) I have never broken a bone in my body
18) I have gone indoor skydiving
19) I want to go outdoor skydiving
20) I am afraid of being alone on cold dark, nights
21) I am terrified of fire
22) End times movies and books scare me
23) Sea turtles are my favorite animal
24) I love moose
25) I love seeing tall, white church steeples sticking out from among the trees against a blue sky
26) I have been to North Dakota more times than you have probably said the name
27) I think Leonardo da Vinci is the coolest man of the renaissance
28) I like being alone with my thoughts
29) I love Winnie the Pooh and especially Eeyore
30) I love the wind
31) I hate it when it's hot
32) I have been to Budapest, Hungary
33) I hate it when kids bash education and religion
34) I love the word September but October has better color so it's growing on me
35) I love to write letters and receiving them is twice as good
36) My favorite time in history is the 1800s
37) I love warm apple cider with cider donuts
38) I've always wanted to Irish step dance
39) Little Women is my favorite book and I've read it at least six times
40) I love the Regency time period and everything Jane Austen wrote
41) I keep a journal
42) I'm teaching myself Russian
43) I hate highlighting, bending, underlining, or in anyway harming books
44) I wish I had one amazing black and white photo of myself
45) My nervous habits are twirling my hair and playing with my necklace
46) Breakfast is my favorite meal
47) I love peanut butter
48) I really love fresh bread/muffins
49) I've seen a full double rainbow
50) I like to think
51) I need plenty of sleep
52) I don't like talking to people I don't know very well on the phone
53) I like warm food on a cold day
54) One of my pet peeves is ditsy girls you are boy-crazy and say "like" too much
55) I wish my hair looked nice long but it always seems to be better short
56) I like to snack on nuts
57) However vain this sounds, I like my eyes
58) I used to wish that my parents had named me Amanda
59) Even though I still like the name Amanda, I love my name and how its spelled
60) I put a lot of value on education, probably too much sometimes
61) My favorite clothing styles are classic and some preppy
62) I can be very shy and extremely quiet (too shy and quiet most of the time)
63) I think books can be some of the best comfort
64) I want my own library in my house someday with floor to ceiling bookshelves and a fireplace
65) I love windows
66) I like to make lists
67) I hate coffee and don't really like to drink soda
68) A good deal of my busyness is self-imposed
69) I like making gifts for people
70) I want to dance in the rain
71) I can work really hard when I need to
72) I get headaches a lot
73) I hate disappointing people
74) I love teals, greens, greys, blues, purples, orange, and very much greyish-blue
75) I love Bible verses when the words I read are the ones resonating in my heart
76) I love pictures that spontaneously capture the moment
77) I love the contrast of the blue of the Aegean Sea against the white stone in photos of Greece
78) I love clean movies that give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside or find my adventurous side
79) I love the feeling that comes from knowing the right answer to a difficult question
80) Sometimes I wish I stayed in gymnastics
81) I like the uniqueness of saying that I am a mime
82) I like being thin
83) I can be very selfish
84) I worry about my habits annoying other people
85) I feel free when I dance
86) I like grey spelled g-r-e-y not g-r-a-y whether it's right or not
87) I love Gaelic
88) I wish I treated other people the way Jesus would
89) Once you have my friendship, it's an awfully hard thing to lose
90) I don't like to dream at night
91) I love my dog Holly and am going to cry like a baby when she dies
92) I have always wanted to learn Hebrew and read the Bible in its original language
93) I love having my family around and spending time with them
94) I want to write a good book, a really, really good book
95) I love the elves from LOTR and have wished I could be one :)
96) I think Tolkien and Lewis were literary geniuses and I'd be happy to write half as good
97) I have often wished to be a L. M. Montgomery heroine
98) "hideous conceit and low self-esteem in equal measure" is what I find in myself a lot
99) I have the hardest time finishing stories and I usually delete them anyway
100) I love God and will follow him all the days of my life

It was hard to think of 100 things at first and it took a long time to do but towards the end I could think of more. This is a pretty random assortment so don't be afraid to ask questions. I'd love to hear what you think about yourself or me no matter how many you come up with. Hope you all enjoy getting to know me a little better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I was really glad that I knew a lot of those!! It shows we're good friends... I was scared for a minute I wouldn't know anything you said about yourself.. but... I did! haha
I loved everything you said... you're a amazing person sweety :)
An I'm so glad you did it! I hope that it passes on to others... it's nice to learn totally random cool things about your friends. So worth the time..
Now I just gotta finish mine... :)

Reepicheep said...

I enjoyed it immensely. I'd agree with alot of your list too.

Some thoughts...
4) Dude your so right. I went for a veerrry short hike there last week. Fall has barely started but its really beautiful already. I want to go on another one soon...

7) Murderer! ;p
19) So cool.... I think I told you my parents sky dived, right?
21) Completely? Like, what about in a fireplace, on a cold dark night?
57) Not vain at all if they are as cool as yours
67) *motions with hands * Knife through the heart! Though my appreciation for soda is diminishing, coffee is my soul drink (you know, like soulfood but...liquider?) I maintain that you never gave it enough chance. Sure, some of the more mundane types that are commonly drunk are not all that great if you haven't got a taste for it yet... but you have to have a REAL cup coffee before you can turn it totally down. Something something fresh, roasted that day if possible by expert roaster- not to acidic, not burnt, full bodied...
90) Thats interesting... I wish I dreamed (or technically, remembered my dreams) more. (To make up for it I just day dream a lot) (That was too many parenthetical statements).

Sweet list. It's making me flirt with the idea of doing one myself, though 100 things to fill does sound like a lot.

north wind said...

In reply to Zeke....
7) Being very slow, I don't get that. :)
19) I think I remember you mentioning that....
21) I love fires in the fireplace but I am still scared of them. It takes a lot of courage (and desperation) for me to get close to them but I find them fascinatingly beautiful.
57) Awww, thanks :)
67) Ok, how about once I'm off the caffeine restriction I'll let you introduce me to a "real" cup of coffee and then I will make up my mind. Deal?
90) I day dream a whole lot since I like it much better than dreaming at night.

You really should try it. You discover things about yourself when you really have to think about it.

Reepicheep said...

7) Wait... *goes back and reads 7* Ooohh, no your not slow. I meant 6, haha... my bad!

21) Ahh, I see. I'll make a mental note to not pass to close to you if I am roasting a marshmallow over a fire (I like to set them alight for that nice and crispy taste)

57) 'Welcome.

67) Oh yeah...forgot about the diet restrictions. But after that- we have a deal :)

90) Ironically, its when I am trying to sleep that I do a lot of my day dreaming. That and long boring talks- though I try not to zone out, I have been known to think up routes to world domination when some one starts droning on. (I wonder what that says about myself...?)


Oh and I forgot-

37) Dude, you've got to come to the candle light stroll at Strawberry Banke this december. They have a cider shack- amazing music, cider and donuts. :D