Saturday, June 03, 2006

Try Solving This One

Read the following SAT test question, then click on a button to select your answer.

  • ƒ(2n) = 2ƒ(n) for all integers n
  • ƒ(4) = 4

If ƒ is a function defined for all positive integers n, and ƒ satisfies the two conditions above, which of the following could be the definition of ƒ?

  1. click to choose answer number 1 ƒ(n) = n – 2

  2. click to choose answer number 2 ƒ(n) = n

  3. click to choose answer number 3 ƒ(n) = 2n

  4. click to choose answer number 4 ƒ(n) = 4

  5. click to choose answer number 5 ƒ(n) = 2n – 4

Yes, I spent my Saturday morning locked inside Nashua High North for four hours taking the incredibley boring SATs. For the past month I have been cramming my brain full of information and now I await my fate...I mean score. I plan on avoiding a second round at all costs. A little advice for those who are still looking forward to their turn: Bring a book or something to do because if you finish early staring at the clock and watching the seconds tick by is not entertaining. Don't leave your cell phone on, they tend to frown on that. And don't forget to sharpen your pencils...not good. Last but not least, don't get nervous! I didn't so I can honestly tell you there isn't anything to be nervous about. Good luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know how you do

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I fear for the sake of my mental health, I must refrain from solving SAT questions.
My phsychiatrist agrees. lol.