Sunday, July 02, 2006

A Long Weekend

Guess what I finally got to watch...Narnia! I know, I know, it's about time. I think I'm the last person I know to see it. How ironic since I wanted to go for my birthday and be one of the first. Oh well....it was pretty awesome watching it late at night with a couple of other Narnia fans. And it was even better than I had hoped. Lewis's allegory came to life in the eyes of Aslan and how could childlike faith be more evident then in Lucy?

The rest of the weekend was pretty cool too. Had some friends stopping in on their bike tour of New Hampshire and got to take them kayaking since they just weren't tired enough. :) We swung by Taz and Heather's graduation party (Congratulations guys!) and met Heather's brother Spencer. To top it off youth group went walking in Mines Falls. What a day.....

Oh, and a recommendation for anyone interested in the works of C. S. Lewis, you should read Out of the Silent Planet. And if you bother to really read it, you might just discover somethings about mankind that we should know, but for some reason we don't.

No comments: