Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Meaning of a Rose

I found a chart that gives the meanings of the different colored roses. Those of you who like flowers might find this interesting. All roses symbolize love, but their colors have special meanings.

Red - love, passion, respect, courage
Yellow - joy, friendship, freedom
Pink - happiness, gratitude, appreciation, admiration
Cream - thoughtfulness, charm, graciousness
Orange - admiration, fascination, enthusiasim, desire
White - innocence, purity, secrecy, reverence

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't flower meanings fun? Here's a link that is really interesting: http://www.erasofelegance.com/hobbies/tussiemussie.html . I've always thought it would be so romantic to receive a bouquet where each flower was specially selected by hand and had a special meaning. Definitely would be fun to arrange bridal bouquets with flowers that fit the occassion and the bride's dreams for the future.

Anyway, great subject! :)

-Amanda

P.S. I'm so sad you can't come to Celtic Woman! We'll miss you!

north wind said...

Oooo....I love that website. I'm a lily kind of girl, but roses are wonderful for special occassions. The idea of each flower having a special meaning in the bridal bouquet is so romantic. I'm going to have to remember that!

I'm going to miss all of you too, but I can't wait to hear all about it!