Monday, December 11, 2006

Did you know?

I'm pretty. Yep. And not just because someone left some random comment on my blog. If you don't know me then how much weight can that really hold. But, the truth is that I am tired of putting myself down and having other people agree with me. It's really just holding out hope that someone will deny what I fear is the truth. Whether we will admit it or not, the truth is that it is important for us girls to feel pretty. More important than most guys know. Thinking we are not leads to extreme things like suicide thoughts, anorexia, and just plain hating yourself. But even if it doesn't take you that far most of the time it just results in a wounded heart and a painful cry. But, you see, I'm not just pretty, I'm beautiful. You know how I know? My brother, who sees the good, the bad, and well....the ugly, told me so. If he sees all of me, my personality and what I look like getting out of bed in the morning, and still thinks I'm drop dead gorgeous, then he must be right. He said never to think differently and I think it's time I started listening to him. And you know what else? I look like a supermodel. This is someone else's idea not my own. And they aren't even related to me. So, any of you who don't think I quite measure up to your standards, your just....wrong. Don't believe me? Take another look, you might've just missed something. I did.

And just for the record, I know some of the most beautiful people walking the planet. Even if I don't always have the courage to say it, I truly believe that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really sweet, Lyndsi. Must say, I agree with your brother. :)

Your post made my day - thanks!

Anonymous said...

Way to go lyndsi! I'm proud of you! your post couldn't be closer to the truth.

Anonymous said...

Had a great time tonight...thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to get on my email...so don't think I'm not getting back on.